Frequently Asked Questions
Registering for a Training/ Editing your Profile
- How do I update my profile? Why is it important to update my profile?
- Log in to the dieecpd.org website
- Username is your email address
- If you are unsure of your password, you can try “forget your password” and the system will send you an email to reset your password. If you do not receive an email, please call the main office at 302-831-3239 to verify that we have the correct email on file.
- Once you have logged in to the system – click on edit profile (top right-hand side of the page). Update any information that needs to be changed. Hit save at the bottom
- Every 2-3 months the system will prompt you to update your profile. Please reconfirm your information or update it as needed. Anything with a green or red dot must be filled out.
- What do I do if my username and/or password do not work or if I forgot them?
Your username is now your e-mail address. If you do not have an e-mail account, one must be created by going to yahoo or google. Please note - you cannot use someone else’s email address. If you think you may already have an account, you do not need to create a new profile. Please call 302-831-3239 to get profile information. Directions on reseting your password (PDF File).
- Why is my access to DIEEC blocked?
If you have trouble logging into your account, please contact the DIEEC at (302) 831-3239 for assistance.
- Reason 1 - When a new profile is created, our system will send you an email to confirm your credentials. Sometimes this email goes into the junk or spam folder – please check that folder as well. The system will say “unconfirmed” or “blocked” account if you have not confirmed your credentials.
- Reason 2 - You may have entered your password incorrectly too many times. The system will say blocked after 3 failed attempts to log in.
- Why do I need to create a profile?
Your profile allows you to register for in-person and online workshops through DIEEC. We also take attendance at the workshop. The hours are then posted to your transcript. If you do not have a profile, we will not be able to add you to a class or mark you present. Additionally, your profile allows DIEEC to contact you and inform you of any changes to the workshop schedule. We can also send you information about upcoming classes if you are in our system.
- What should I do if a workshop is full?
If you need to sign up for a specific workshop and it is full, you can add your name to the waitlist by calling 302-831-3239. We will then inform you if there is an opening. If the class should be offered again, we will notify you via email and by telephone.
- When should I schedule my workshops?
Don’t delay in registering for workshops. All DIEEC Quality Assured workshops can be registered for through the online registry at www.dieecpd.org. Workshops fill quickly so plan for your year of training in advance so that you are sure not to miss a training opportunity. Based on the needs of the early care and education workforce, new workshops are added bi-annually, so please be sure to check the new listings for exciting new topics. Remember you need to register 48 hours before the workshop to be on the attendance list. Also, be sure to check the online calendar to check for changes in time and/or location.
- I want to register for a workshop that starts tomorrow. Why will the system not let me?
Our registration closes 48 hours before a workshop begins to ensure that the instructor has an up-to-date attendance list and enough materials for all participants.
- I accidentally hit the “submit” button more than once and a double charge appears on my credit card.
If you have any problems with credit card charges, please contact the DIEEC at (302) 831-3239 and we will be able to assist you.
- What if I cannot attend one of the sessions in a workshop that is multiple days?
If you do not attend all of the sessions, you will get credit for the hours you attended. You will not be able....(the double use of the word "workshop" in several of these questions is confusing; it should be about attending sessions.)
- How do I register for Online Trainings?
Find information on the online trainings we are currently offering. If you are interested in signing up for one of the FREE DEPDNow online trainings, you can access the Online Training Tip Sheet (PDF File) which will provide instructions on how to access and register.
Attending Training/Cancelled Classes
- Why do I have to go to workshops? I have a master’s degree and/or years of experience.
Licensing requires 9-18 hours of training per year. Please contact your Childcare Licensing representative through the State of Delaware for clarification of how many hours you need per calendar year. In addition, people with education and experience can help others by sharing knowledge they have gained.
- The Delaware Institute for Excellence in Early Childhood (DIEEC) cannot advise you as to how many hours you need per calendar year. Please contact your licensing specialist for clarification.
- The location was changed for my workshop, why wasn’t I notified?
ALWAYS check our website at www.dieecpd.org the day of your workshop for the most up-to-date information on workshops. Also, make sure your information is updated on your profile (especially your email address and phone numbers) so that we can easily reach you for changes. See information on how to update your profile (PDF File).
- What if I miss the first session?
If you miss the first session of a workshop, you will not receive the credit hours that you missed on your transcript. Please keep in mind that since information is sequential, it may be challenging to understand some of the content if you miss the first or any other sessions.
- Does it matter how late I am? Why can’t I get in after 15 minutes?
Participants agree to arrive before the workshop, or on time, when they register for a workshop. In general, sites are open at least 15 minutes before workshops and the doors are locked 15 minutes after the workshop’s listed start time for safety reasons. In consideration of the other participants and the instructor, we start our workshops on time so that they will be finished on time.
- Why are there assignments in some workshops?
Assignments are used to further your thinking and understanding of the subject matter. Typically, our workshops that have multi-sessions will have assignments to keep you thinking about the subject matter, especially while at work. Our goal is for you to connect new information to your program and to help you in applying new techniques so you get the most out of your workshops.
- May I bring others to the workshop?
No - you may not. Only those who register for workshops and are in the Early Childhood Field should attend. NO children are permitted at workshops, in the training room, or on-site unless it is arranged and childcare is supervised as part of a private training. For reasons related to distractions and insurance, children are not permitted. A child is anyone under the age of 18. If adults are driven to workshops by other adult drivers who choose to stay, they are asked to quietly sit where they are comfortable. However, DIEEC does not make allowances for materials to be given to those who are not on the sign-in list or on the registry.
- How will I know if a workshop is cancelled due to weather? When would it be rescheduled?
DIEEC will put notice of workshops cancelled due to weather on the website. If you are unable to check the website, you may call the main phone number at 302-831-3239. You will be notified of the date of the rescheduled class. This highlights the importance of keeping our profile up-to-date so we can keep you informed.
- Why can’t I pay at the door if I come to a workshop at the last minute?
Our instructors are not responsible for taking payments, and will not have the room or materials to accommodate last-minute participants. Payments and registration must be submitted by phone or on-line no later than 48 hours prior to the start of the workshop.
Receiving Credit Hours/Transcripts
- Where do I get a certificate for the DIEEC professional development I just attended?
You obtain your certificates online in the form of a transcript. We no longer provide printed certificates at or after workshops. You can obtain your up-to-date transcripts approximately two weeks after your latest workshop. Directions on how to obtain your transcript are provided below.
- How do I get my transcript?
Participants log into our website at www.dieecpd.org to download their transcript to show proof of class completion. See how to download your transcript (PDF File).
- I attended a professional development workshop. Why was my name not on the attendance list?
Sometimes participants are added after the instructor has already received the list. Please write your name on the bottom of the attendance sheet and provide up-to-date contact information so that we may contact you if there is a problem with your registration. If you did not pay for the workshop, please call 302-831-3239 to arrange for payment.
- I attended a professional development but it doesn’t appear on my transcript. Why?
You must sign in on the sign in sheet at every workshop. If you do not sign in you will not receive credit. Your transcript is updated as soon as the DIEEC receives the attendance sheet. This should not take more than 2 weeks. If it has been 2 weeks and the workshop is still not on your transcript, please call the main office at 302-831-3239.
- I attended a professional development through another organization and they said it was quality assured but it doesn’t appear on my transcript.
A good way to be sure if something is quality assured is by only registering for training through the registry. If you have a question as to whether something is quality assured, please contact the DIEEC’s Professional Development at 302-831-3239.
- What if I miss a workshop? Do I get credit? How does that work?
If you miss a workshop, you will not receive credit hours or a refund. You only receive credit hours for the workshops that you have attended. For example, if a workshop is 12 hours of training, and you missed one of the 3 hour session trainings, you will receive 9 of the credit hours that you attended.
If you need to cancel your registration you must do so 48 hours prior to the start of the training to receive a credit to use for a future training. The Delaware Institute will not issue refunds. The credit will be valid for six months.
Providing Feedback/ Contacting DIEEC
- How do I provide feedback to DIEEC?
You can contact the DIEEC to provide feedback in various ways. If you are looking to offer feedback on a training you recently took, or the instructor who taught the training, please fill out the electronic evaluation form sent at the conclusion of the workshop. We often use these evaluations to develop new workshops as well as enhancing the ones we offer. If you are interested in providing feedback regarding our offering of trainings, talk to your Stars TA or email the Institute at Institute-Early-Childhood@udel.edu and let us know how we can meet your training needs.
- Can I contact instructors personally?
DIEEC does not give out instructor information. If the instructor gives out contact information, then you may certainly contact them. Otherwise, please contact the Institute and a message will be sent to the instructor.